We are looking for Rad Techs (X-ray, MRI, CT, Mammo) ARRT – with at least 1-2+ years experience for several hospitals and medical facilities throughout New Jersey and New York.
The Radiologic Technologist is responsible for obtaining diagnostic radiographic examination at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and performs all of the essential generic job functions as listed below.
1. Produces diagnostic radiographic examinations by positioning patients, providing immobilization devices, selection proper technical factors based on individual patient needs. Select and operate equipment as required for specific procedures.
2. Restricts radiation beam through cone and collimating devices to provide non-exposure of radiation to unaffected parts of the patient.
3. Performs portable x-ray examinations in patient rooms, operating rooms and emergency room.
4. Follows operational procedure to identify patient’s films with name and x-ray number, correctly mark film as to side of the patient taken.
5. Develops exposed x-ray film by processing methods available.
6. Completes patient requisitions with technologist initials, date, number, and size of film. 7. Maintains orderly x-ray room as directed by the head of the department.
8. Prepares radiopaque contrast media and assists physician in administering radiopaque mixtures to patient.
9. Performs administrative duties related to scheduling appointments, patient’s instruction, film filing, maintenance of records, reception of patients and other administrative duties as required.
10. Renders services and/or assistance to all patients depending on the individual patient’s needs and abilities in moving, turning, getting on and off the x-ray tables, etc.
11. Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
12. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.). Essential Generic Job Functions (Continued):
13. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center’s Organizational Competencies.
**Experience in an Acute care/hospital setting preferred.
Required Certification/Licensing: Must possess New Jersey or New York State License.
Certifications & Licenses:
BLS – AHA
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Completion of clinical and A.R.R.T. requirements.
- Upon completion of this school for Radiologic Technology.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of radiological positioning of the human body
- Understanding mechanical attributes of CT software and hardware.
- Trauma Center experience preferred
- Highly Prefer Epic Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
Pay Rate: $60.00 – $65.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
COVID Vaccination required, booster strongly preferred
Work Location: One location